Kākā Point is a popular seaside village with a permanent population of approximately 300 people which is boosted by holidaymakers during summertime.
- Where to Stay to suit all needs.
- Food and Services including general store, restaurant and bar.
- Wet and Wild activities including surfing, fishing and kayaking.
- Bush and beach walks.
- Swimming on surf-patrolled beach during the months November to March.
- 10 kilometres from the spectacular Nugget Point Lighthouse Wildlife Reserve (Tokata). This reserve is home to a variety of wildlife: fur seals, New Zealand (Hooker’s) sea lions, elephant seals and Yellow-eyed penguins (Hoiho), as well as a wide variety of seabirds.
- Seaside picnic areas, changing sheds and toilets, children’s playground, fire station, community hall, surf clubrooms and craft galleries.
Location: 20 minutes drive from Balclutha, 1 hour 50 minutes drive from Invercargill.